Playstation Mag: MGS4 preview biggest game of the year..?

Go down

Playstation Mag: MGS4 preview biggest game of the year..?

Post  Fast Fingers on Thu May 08, 2008 8:30 pm

Playstation: the official magazine: MGS4 preview

The end of a franchisee, the beginning of a new era in console gaming. The biggest PS3 game of the year proves its status.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Call it the circle of life, PS3 style. On June 12, one of gamingís most beloved franchisees comes to a conclusion in whatís arguably the most ambitious console game so far. Yet on the very same day-a day of brilliant ending-the Playstation 3 will come of age.

Through platform demonstrations in the battle for next gen mindshare, MGS4 has become the poster child for PS3 potential. But with such high hopes from so many parties, could one game really live up to all of the lofty expectations
The answer, simply put, is YES.

The very opening cutscene demonstrates high end, modern cinematic style that prevails to the end. The attention to visual detail in every character, environment and effect is simply mesmerizing- even the desert fatigues are astoundingly realistic. This Middle Eastern environment teems with realistic details that could have been culled from CNNís coverage of the war in Iraq.

At its heart, MGS4 is a simple story about saving the world from the one main bad guy intent on destroying it. Itís weaving; winding exposition explains snakeís Werner syndrome symptom as well as the various other unanswered questions from the past games

Watching characters move with astonishing realism, execute tactical maneuvers against your position and work together as military personnel should is simply stunning.

Its all part of the balancing act that MGS4 seems to have nailed- an elegant balance that will also affect millions of gamers when the conclusion of the key franchisee will also signal the beginning of a new era for PS3

We have merely scratched the surface of what youíll get to experience in the full game. So much is still unsaid, unrevealed, that you shouldnít think that you know every detail of what to expect come june 12.

(Talk about building up hype )
Fast Fingers
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.ultimategamerspodcast.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Playstation Mag: MGS4 preview biggest game of the year..?

Post  Metal on Fri May 09, 2008 4:33 pm

Thats not hype!! Thats Hyper hype, but if it lives up to it, then its Hyper cool and i for one will deffinately have a PS3 just for that game. But question is, do i get the PS3 on the games release date? or do i wait to see what other people think about the game to see if it really is that good? before i hammer my wages?
Metal
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack on Wed May 28, 2008 4:23 pm

If anything can live up to that much hype its Metal Gear Solid.
Jack
Professional Gamer
Professional Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down