Ultimate Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New XBOX Live Coming...?

+3
Metal
lj2000
Fast Fingers
7 posters

Go down

New XBOX Live Coming...? Empty New XBOX Live Coming...?

Post  Fast Fingers Wed May 07, 2008 4:22 pm

From

Xbox360FanBoy
Microsoft's careers websites just created (not on purpose, of course) a brand new and very exciting Xbox Live News that may tell us where the Live platform is headed. According to the first draft of Microsoft's Program Manager job listing (which has since been reworded), the job description reads out like the second coming of Christ Xbox Live, saying:

"Want to be involved in the next release of Xbox? Join the server-backed games team, part of the Xbox Live team that's responsible for creating a completely new way for mainstream audiences to enjoy the Xbox and Live. We're building the games, the console interface and logic, and the server support for a totally new Live experience. Both the games and the dashboard experience will be deeply paired with dynamic server support to create a compelling, fresh scenario each time."

Ooo, fresh scenarios! But what exactly does that mean? We really aren't sure, but it could mean big changes for Xbox Live and big changes for how subscribers use the service in the future. Now that we think about it, we're putting our Vegas money on Xbox Live becoming a virtual reality contrived, Rock Band listening, chatpad enhanced, open Marketplace, ninja-like service with free soda refills. And yes, we have had way too much caffeine this morning.

Also users who are currently on Xbox Live will need to Renew there subscrition to upgrade to this new Xbox Live service with a yearly charge of £80 per year. This gives you access to even more demos trailers and content each year.
Fast Fingers
Fast Fingers
Admin
Admin

http://www.ultimategamerspodcast.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

New XBOX Live Coming...? Empty RE: New XBOX Live Coming...?

Post  lj2000 Thu May 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Hey Fast Fingers...Now since I live in the US and you over seas tell me how much do you pay now for Xbox Live so I can compare to what I pay and what it might be.
lj2000
lj2000
Starting Gamer
Starting Gamer

Back to top Go down

New XBOX Live Coming...? Empty Re: New XBOX Live Coming...?

Post  Metal Thu May 08, 2008 3:56 pm

lj2000 wrote:Hey Fast Fingers...Now since I live in the US and you over seas tell me how much do you pay now for Xbox Live so I can compare to what I pay and what it might be.

Hey man. We pay around £45 for the year i think, so that roughly works out to $30.
Metal
Metal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lj2000 Thu May 08, 2008 5:02 pm

First off..I'm not a man, tis me lj2000, on Xbox.

Second off we pay here $49.95 per year.
lj2000
lj2000
Starting Gamer
Starting Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  abusive Fri May 09, 2008 2:03 am

Metal wrote:
lj2000 wrote:Hey Fast Fingers...Now since I live in the US and you over seas tell me how much do you pay now for Xbox Live so I can compare to what I pay and what it might be.

Hey man. We pay around £45 for the year i think, so that roughly works out to $30.

dude £45 is about $90 . $2 to the pound aint it?
abusive
abusive
Casual Gamer
Casual Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Project Fri May 09, 2008 3:08 pm

1. We pay £40 a year. (Some places you can get if for £35 etc)

2. Yes its practically $2 to the £1.

3. Whats this about LIVE going up to £80 a year!

America would get it cheaper because like Lj just said, we pay £40 = $80. but she just told us she only pays $50.

Meaning if LIVE did go up to £80, looks like in the US they would probably be paying $90 (= £45)

?
The Project
The Project
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abusive Fri May 09, 2008 3:46 pm

if live does go to £80 a year i think ill still pay it.. well until i get a girlfriend that is lololololol
abusive
abusive
Casual Gamer
Casual Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fast Fingers Fri May 09, 2008 4:36 pm

abusive wrote:if live does go to £80 a year i think ill still pay it.. well until i get a girlfriend that is lololololol

I'll second that!
Fast Fingers
Fast Fingers
Admin
Admin

http://www.ultimategamerspodcast.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  motokyo Fri May 23, 2008 6:52 pm

£80 a year i think ill rather buy a wii than spend £80 for xbox live its good but not worth £80 well only because im not that old
motokyo
motokyo
Hardcore Gamer
Hardcore Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Tue May 27, 2008 11:02 pm

Soem of teh changes look cool.. but i think that them charging us extra for the service is a bit of a piss take.. becuase they should be providiong the best service possible already.. for the £40 a year that they charge..
Jack
Jack
Professional Gamer
Professional Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down