Ultimate Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wii Fit Exercising the body

2 posters

Go down

Wii Fit Exercising the body Empty Wii Fit Exercising the body

Post  lj2000 Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Wii Fit the game for us older, fat people that haven't exercised THAT much in a while. It's also fun for the whole family.

So I've had the Wii Fit for 2 weeks now. Been trying to play it faithfully since. I have lost a pound since starting, not much but a start. I quite enjoy the game. I find some parts challenging, mainly because I have not done Yoga, push-ups, and many other things, or at least not in a long while. You really do get moving. You do NOT just stand on the balance board, you can run in place, or what we like to do, run around the room. You actually have to move around to play most of these games. Yes, you can trick the game into thinking that you are doing the exercise, when you are not, at least on some of them. But there are several exercises that you can not trick the game on.

Can you feel the burn? Yes, I think so. I have sore muscles, so does my hubby. I also have a bit more energy since I started.

Have I noticed a difference in my looks? Look, it's taken me a while to get as over weight as I am, it's going to take me a while to look different. And one pound is not much.

What about the kids? My kids, both boys, have been playing the game also. And have enjoyed, their goal is to beat us out of first place, and they might actually do it. They are not on it to lose weight (which they do not need to), they just wanted to try it out. They enjoy getting to watch their Mii do what they are doing, and doing new things. They have even showed their grandparents some of the new Yoga poses that they learned.

I have enjoyed the game. I would not recommend it to the exercise enthusiast, you will not get the work out that you do at the gym. But for us common couch potatoes, and you know who you are, that don't want to go to the gym, and are willing to try, to get up and play a game, than I recommend this game for you.
lj2000
lj2000
Starting Gamer
Starting Gamer

Back to top Go down

Wii Fit Exercising the body Empty Wii fit

Post  wii_lady Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi lj2000, I hadn't seen your post before and thought I would just say hi to you. I have the Wii fit but I bought Super Mario Galaxy at the same time and got hooked on that - consequently my waistline has increased a little! I am in the same boat as you - one of the oldies who needs to think about keeping a little bit fit and getting rid of some of those inches. It's a struggle but I thinkt he Wii fit can be a great idea just to put a little fun into it. I absolutely hate the gym and have joined many times and turned up once only to give up! Never mind. Anyway, do let us know how you get on over time. Does the novelty wear off or do you think you will keep it going for a while. I'm actually looking forward to getting onto my board but can't leave poor little Mario to wander around the universe on his own! Speak later. Smile

wii_lady
Starting Gamer
Starting Gamer

Back to top Go down

Wii Fit Exercising the body Empty re: wii fit exercising the body

Post  lj2000 Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:15 pm

Well it's been over a month since I got the Wii Fit. I have been playing it faithfully since, though skipped a few days here and there for reasons I don't feel I have to explain to you all. Smile Weight has moved up and down constantly, which any person knows happens in every person. But I have managed to mostly keep the bit of weight I lost off. My balance has improved greatly since I started this game; background info on me: my balance before game not so good. My ankles were weak and gave way many times a week when I was walking on flat land. Since starting the game my ankles have not given out yet. Some of the exercises that I thought I would never be able to do because of my ankles I can do with ease. I love the balance games. It is fun to send me Mii down the river in a bubble and watching her get nervous because she is close to the edge (I was also the first to get to the finish line in our house). I also like the table tilt, which require small movements of ones body, again the only one to get thru that one also. Let me tell you, I don't like jogging/running, but with Wii Fit I am actually jogging, in my front room, and enjoying myself. I recommend on the running to pass you guide, follow the dog, they take you on a different path, which in it's self is fun, you get to see more of the island or town. Plus you get to do things that defy logic in it's self. So Wii Lady, I urge you to put Mario down, for an half an hour at least, and try Wii Fit. But be prepared to sweat. And after you are done exercising, go help Mario as a cool down.
lj2000
lj2000
Starting Gamer
Starting Gamer

Back to top Go down

Wii Fit Exercising the body Empty Re: Wii Fit Exercising the body

Post  wii_lady Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:09 pm

Thanks for that lj, the board and fit game sound fab. I'll definitely give it a go and will let you know how I get on. Meanwhile, keep it up and keep us posted.
Cheers
Carol [wiilady]

wii_lady
Starting Gamer
Starting Gamer

Back to top Go down

Wii Fit Exercising the body Empty Re: Wii Fit Exercising the body

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum